How to Care for Your CEREC Crowns
Whether you’ve already decided or are still looking into CEREC same-day crowns, you probably have some questions.
We’ll cover the pros, cons, and details, such as how you care for your CEREC crowns.
CEREC same-day crowns are very convenient, especially when compared to traditional crowns.
They remove the need for multiple visits, putty impressions, temporary crowns, and waiting weeks for the final result.
Unlike traditional crowns, CEREC crowns can be prepared for, designed, and fitted in a single appointment.
Now let’s look at ways of caring for your new CEREC crown and helping it last longer.
What makes CEREC crowns so good?
There are several reasons, from the convenience of a single appointment to the quality of the material used.
- Very durable
- Single visit procedure
- Doesn’t decay
- Stain resistant
- Looks natural (to match the original)
- Suitable for front and back teeth
- Advanced technology
How long do CEREC crowns last?
CEREC same-day crowns last, on average, between 10 to 15 years. However, they can last up to 30 years with correct care and attention.
As with anything we want to last longer, we must take care of it. Your New CEREC same-day crown is no different.
How to care for your new CEREC crown
- Brush and floss regularly to maintain proper oral hygiene and prevent plaque buildup.
- Avoid biting or chewing on hard foods, such as ice or hard candy, to prevent chipping or cracking.
- Avoid excessive or prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures, such as hot or cold drinks, to prevent damage to the crown.
- Avoid using abrasive toothpaste or toothbrushes, which can scratch the crown’s surface and encourage staining.
- Visit your dentist regularly for checkups and cleanings to ensure the crown is in good condition.
- Avoid sticky or tough foods. These can cause more pressure on your crown and leave a sticky residue.
- Floss at least once per day. The same as you have done previously.
- Avoid foods and drinks that could cause stains. Excess red wine could stain your natural teeth and your new crown.
While conducting routine dental exams, we will inspect your dental crowns to determine if they are in good condition. If they have sustained damage, we might be able to restore them instead of replacing them.
CEREC crowns are a great modern alternative to traditional crowns because they are more durable, natural-looking, and provide a faster turnaround time.
They are made from a high-quality ceramic material that is stronger than traditional crowns and more closely mimics the look and feel of natural teeth.
Additionally, CEREC crowns are produced in-office, eliminating waiting weeks for a traditional crown to be made in a lab.
Contact us to learn more about CEREC same-day crowns with Creekside Dentistry in Loganville, GA.
Our office is located in Loganville, GA, and we happily welcome patients from neighboring communities, including Grayson and Monroe, GA.