Creekside Dentistry COVID-19 Update
Our practice is open for all elective procedures starting May 11
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
Upon your arrival at the office
- Patients will be screened on the telephone asking questions regarding symptoms and exposure risk to COVID-19 as well as at your appointment. Any patients with a fever or other symptoms of illness will be asked to delay their appointment.
- Please wear your own mask into and out of the office as well as sanitize your hands as you enter and leave the office space.
- ONLY patients will be allowed entry into the office. Parents and other family members will be asked to wait outside whenever possible.
- Patients are asked to wait in their cars or outside the office until their scheduled appointment time.
- Please call 770-466-0474 when you arrive in the parking lot, and a clinical team member will meet you to take your temperature. Again, any signs of symptoms or illness will reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- We will ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the office, including the front desk.
- There will be no physical contact with patients with the exception of treatment.
- All rooms will be COMPLETELY sterilized before each patient is seated, and public areas, including restrooms, will be cleaned and sterilized frequently throughout the day.
- Our team will STRICTLY follow guidelines set forth by the CDC, OSHA, and ADA in regard to personal protective equipment (PPE) and office sterilization.
- During patient care, goggles or face shields will be worn by everyone and changed between patients.
- All surfaces that came in contact with the patient will be wiped with disinfectant, including the patient chair and the accessory chair, where the patient placed their personal items and/or coat hanger.
Checking out after your appointment
- The administration team will be wearing masks and assist you with payment and scheduling.
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution, but we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one.
We also realize that many of you have been impacted financially during this outbreak, and we are offering some solutions to keep dental care affordable for you and your family.
To discuss these payment options, schedule an appointment, or ask us any questions you may have about your next visit, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 770-466-0474.
We look forward to seeing you soon!